FreshClick understands the importance of your privacy and how personal data is used. We respect the privacy of everyone who visits our website www.freshclick.co.uk (including freshfilter.com, quotes.freshclick.co.uk, offers.freshclick.co.uk, docs.freshclick.co.uk and payments.freshclick.co.uk) and only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
1. Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of our Site;
means a small text file placed on your computer or device, which may be placed by our Site when you visit certain parts or features of our website.
2. Information About Us
Our website is owned and operated by Fresh Click, a limited company registered in England under company number 09020293. Our registered address is: Sycamore House Sutton Quays Business Park, Sutton Weaver, Runcorn, Cheshire, England, WA7 3EH.
3. What This Policy Covers?
4. What is Personal Data?
The General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) refer to personal data as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’. This means any information about you that enables you to be identified.
5. Your Rights
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which we work to uphold:
- The right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data.
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you (see Part 13)
- The right to have your personal data rectified
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask us to delete or responsibly dispose of any of your personal data that we hold
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to us directly, and we are using it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that data is processed using automated means, you can request a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling
For more information about how we use personal data or exercising your rights as outlined above, please contact us directly at [email protected]
5. Data Collection
By using our site, we may collect some or all of the following personal (and non-personal) data, please also see Part 14 regarding Cookie use.: Name, age, gender, email address, operating system, your IP address, web browser type/version, URLs that referred you to our site.
6. How We Use Your Personal Data
We must always have a lawful basis for using personal data under the GDPR. For transparency, we may use your personal data for any of the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your Account
- Personalising or tailoring our website experience to you
- Providing and managing your access to our website
- Communicating with you and/or supplying products and services to you that you have opted-in to. You may unsubscribe at any time.
- Supplying products and/or services to you. Your personal details are required for us to enter into a contract with you.
- Analysing your use of our site and feedback gathering to allow us to improve our service to customers.
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, we may also use your personal data for marketing purposes, which may include contacting you by email/telephone/text message/post with news and information, as well as promotional offers. You will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam. We will always work to fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003. You may opt out at any time.
We may use automated systems for carrying out decision-making or profiling. If you wish to query this or take action, please contact us at [email protected].
7. How Long We Keep Personal Data?
We will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected or volunteered. Your personal data will be retained on our records until you cancel your account.
8. How and Where We Store and Transfer Personal Data?
We will only store your personal data in the UK, however this data may be transferred worldwide, this may include countries that are not part of the European Economic Area. These are known as “third countries” and may not have data protection laws that are as strong as those in the UK and/or the EEA. In this event, we will take additional steps in order to ensure that your personal data is treated as securely as possible.
If you would like to learn more information on how we store and transfer, please contact us directly at support[email protected], allowing up to 28 business days to respond.
9. Your Personal Data
We do not share your payment information with third parties, all data is transferred using Stripe.
We do not share your personal data with any third parties for any purposes, except if we are legally required to do so. In such an event, we may share certain personal data of yours, if we are involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.
11. Controlling Personal Data
In addition to your rights under the GDPR, set out in Part 5, when you submit personal data using our Site, you may be given options to restrict our use of your personal data. We aim to give you strong controls on our use of your data for direct marketing purposes (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from us which you may do by choosing the ‘unsubscribe’ option.
12. Can I Withhold Information?
13. Accessing Personal Data?
If you want to know what personal data we have about you, you can ask request this via email at [email protected]. This is known as a “subject access request”. We may charge administrative costs for repeat requests. Please allow for ten working days to respond to your email.
14. Cookie Usage
By using our Site, you may also receive certain third-party Cookies on your computer or device. Third-party Cookies are those placed by websites, services, and/or parties other than us. Third-party Cookies may be used on our site for payments, newsletters and signing up for an account. These Cookies are not integral to the functioning of our site and your experience shall not be impaired by refusing consent to them.
All Cookies used by and on our Site are used in accordance with current Cookie Law.
Before Cookies are placed on your computer or device, you will be shown a pop-up requesting your consent. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling us to provide the best possible experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies.
15. Getting in touch
You may contact us at any time, with regards to personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request. Please get in touch by email at [email protected]